- This event has passed.
May 5 - May 8
Come meet us booth #66 and request a meeting to discuss your bioprocess monitoring needs!
26th ESACT Meeting
The European Society for Animal Cell Technology is a society which brings together scientists, engineers and other specialists working with animal cells in order to promote communication of experiences between European and International investigators and progress the development of cell system and productions derived from them.
ESACT was founded in 1976 to create a forum for the exchange of ideas on biological and engineering techniques to promote knowledge and the use of human and animal cells e.g. for the manufacturing of products. Members are scientists and engineers in academic, medical and industrial R&D and production at applied science institutions and universities, in the medical services, in industry, and in the political and regulatory bodies.
ESACT actively encourages interactions between academia, governmental and policy making agencies and the manufacturing and service industries.
ESACT focuses on the entire animal cell production process from the initial genetic studies of the cells through the stages of process development and validation, production, intensification, purification, regulatory issues for product release, to the efficacy, safety, testing and application of the final product.
Range of ESACT’s interests
- Derivation, characterization, acceptance and validation of cell lines
- Optimization / enhancement of the biochemical and physiological cell behaviour
- Process design, optimization, scale-up and technology transfer (up/downstream)
- Biosynthesis and processing of cell products
- Cells and vectors for genetic medicine/therapy
- Tissue engineering and biomedical devices
- Cells as tools for product discovery and testing
- Replacement of animals in testing and research